My Canon EOS-1D X/C settings for sports
After shooting with the 1D for six months here are my settings for most sports. I started with Pete Read Miller’s settings and made these adjustments:
- ISO speed settings: I try to use 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200, 6400, 12800 as these are the “native ISO” settings. The next preference is 1/3 stop slower than these, but avoid 1/3 stop faster.
- Auto Lighting and Highlight tone priority off as these can slow down the frame rate according to Canon.
- AF – I use Case 4 for ball sports like soccer and rugby, and Case 1 for everything else
- AI Servo 2nd image is set for speed.
- iTR AF – set to Off if you want the fastest AF speed, but On for more accuracy